Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Group Fitness Instructor
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Instructors - Group Fitness Instructors
- Salary Min
- USD $16.00/Hr.
CENTERS is a management company that specializes in campus recreation. We partner with universities to manage their departments, facilities, finances, and deliver exceptional customer service. Since 1998, CENTERS remains the first and only mission centric organization committed to student development and departmental excellence on behalf of its clients. CENTERS is currently operating university campus recreation centers at ten site locations within the United States.
- Safely instruct an effective, creative group fitness class at the Recreation Center.
- Provide quality customer service to all participants in class, regardless of fitness level, appearance, or otherwise.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor through phone, email, or in person.
- Enforce all program policies and procedures as it pertains to the class.
- Enforce all building policies and procedures and assist as needed during emergencies.
- Attend all Group Fitness and all department staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Possess current primary group fitness certification as well as experience and/or a certification in Kickboxing or Step Aerobics.
- Leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of standard practices in recreational sports
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyles.
- Proficiency with audio/visual equipment.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves troubleshooting, informing, exchanging information, negotiating, making recommendations, and giving information or instructions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment/fitness center environment
- Moderate to loud noise
- Occasional evening or weekend work
- Standing or walking for at least 50% of the work day
- Occasional bending, stooping
- Hearing and talking