Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cleveland Warehouse-Baler/Dock Worker
- 20-Aug-2019 to 19-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio is currently seeking a Baler/Dock Worker to join our team in Cleveland, Ohio!
As the Baler/Dock Worker you will operate and tie off baled cardboard and rags, according to agency policies and procedure in a safe manner. Assist in operation of dock area and in transporting material. Responsible for conveying 275-500 lb. gaylords from warehouse to baler's area and then conveying bales weighing in excess of 1250 lbs. to shipping area.
- Assist in loading bales for shipment.
- Assist truck driver in transporting and handling materials, merchandise or equipment.
- Manually load and unload material from trailers and sort in prescribed manner.
- Arrange articles to form a compact load, to secure goods and prevent breakage.
- Keep baler room, dock area and warehouse operating safely at all times. Adhere to agency safety/security policies, procedures and practices. Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Weigh specific outgoing salvage (books, shoes, purses, belts, bags, brick & brack, toys). Tag these gaylords and place in assigned areas.
- Place specific trash in regular or metal dumpster or compacter as assigned.
- Other such duties as assigned.
- Tow motor experience preferred.
- Ability to judge distance, speed, and movement of objects.
- Tow motor certification required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Tow motor physical requirements: constant sitting; reaching and handling/fingering; frequent climbing and balancing; occasional stooping/bending. Must wear steel toe footwear.
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol testing during course of employment.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: frequent standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping/bending, crouching/squatting, bilateral reaching at all levels; bilateral handling and fingering, fine fingering and simple grasping ability; occasional sitting and kneeling; frequent lift/carry up to 10 lbs., occasional lift/carry 51-100 lbs.; frequent push/pull up to 50 lbs. at varying distances. Indoor/outdoor conditions.
This is a full-time hourly position with offered benefits of: Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life, Retirement, and Paid Time Off.
Background checks and pre-employment drug screens will be performed.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Help Make Good Skills Possible: Join the Goodwill Team Today!