Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CT Technologist - 017320 - CAT Scan - North
at Martin Health
017320 - CAT Scan - North
8-12 hr shifts, weekend coverage required
I. Basic Purpose:
Performs CT scans of designated anatomical areas as directed according to established practices, protocols and procedures.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement measures, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
4. Reviews charts and physicians' orders to determine appropriateness of patient examinations. Obtains pertinent patient information; performs patient and family education as needed.
5. Performs CT examinations, utilizing established technique and protocols; assists Radiologists with interventional CT procedures.
6. Injects patients with contrast media under the supervision of a radiologist
7. Monitors patient condition during procedures and secures assistance when needed.
8. Evaluates images for optimal technical quality.
9. Maintains skills and education on advanced CT protocols and 3D workstations for post processing.
10. Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis. Communicates any problems or requests for supplies to appropriate supervisor.
11. Maintains an orderly and clean work environment; provides a safe environment for all patients and staff.
12. Assists with patient transport to and from the department as required.
13. Is responsible for direct supervision of Radiology student in the assigned work area.
14. Adheres to ALARA regulations.
15. Responsible for fulfilling requested rotations to other MHS facilities.
16. Assists Informatics Specialists and image release area as directed
17. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
18. Attends meeting on a regular basis. Participates in performance improvement activities as required
19. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school of radiologic technology.
> Current, active Radiologic Technologist License in the state of Florida –Primary Source online verification required from the State of Florida licensing database.
> Active status as a registered Radiologic Technologist with the ARRT. Must have advanced certification as CT Technologist.
> Current acceptable BLS certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Minimum one to two years' experience as CT Technologist required. Must be able to meet customer demands, demonstrate quality and accuracy when doing exams and be able to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of skill and accuracy.