Midwest Dental Support Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Midwest Dental Support Center
- # of Openings
- Dental Assistant
- Full Time Regular
** Sign on Bonus $ 1000 **
At Merit Dental, we are passionate about patient care and service. If you are interested in building a career with people who work every day to be the best, and whose work creates happy, healthy and loyal patients, Merit Dental may be the place for you.
We are proud to serve our hometown communities. Merit Dental dentists, hygienists and dental assistants serve the dental care needs of patients in 17 states.
- Do you possess a desire to serve others?
- Do you flourish when you have a lot going on?
- Do you often notice details that others miss?
As a Dental Assistant/Patient Service Representative with MeritDental, you are a key contributor to making the dental practice run efficiently by being a standout colleague and working together for phenomenal patient outcomes. As a member of our team, you enjoy competitive pay, benefits, flexibility and structure. You receive peer mentoring support, continuing education, internal advancement opportunities and a culture that values and recognizes your contribution.
Dental Assistant Duties
- Enthusiastically greet and prepare patients for dental care
- Be a resource to the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Set up and breakdown operatory post-treatment
- Capture quality x-ray images
- Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment
- Help practice run smoothly by maintaining dental supplies and ensuring equipment operates effectively
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures
Patient Service Representative Duties
- Update patient charts and patient accounts
- Schedule hygiene appointments maximizing provider's schedule
- Process new patient paperwork and accounts and review patient insurance eligibility from managed care list
- Create and maintain patient call list and utilize various scripting for patient communication
- Ensure all provider charges are posted correctly
- Confirm patient appointments
- Process insurance submissions and pre-authorizations
- Manage delinquent patient accounts and follow up patient complaints
- State certification/licensure as required to work as a Dental Assistant, active CPR and compliance with any other licensing or credentialing requirements
- One or more year of relevant experience in the dental industry preferred
- Strong communication skills, a "can do" attitude, flexibility and dependability We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.