North Idaho College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time Office Assistant
at North Idaho College
Reports To: Regional Outreach Center Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Under general supervision this position is the front line office support for an NIC off-campus facility. Greets and assists visitors, instructors and students; operates a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and route callers to appropriate personnel; makes appointments; answers questions; provides general office support for the department and NIC. May receive work direction from a higher level Administrative Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Welcomes on-site visitors, instructors, and students. Determines nature of support.
- Provides general information to support enrollment management processes to callers and visitors.
- Operates personal computer to enter data, draft, edit, revise and print letters, tables, reports and other materials.
- Assists prospective and current students in using the college website and related information systems, and reports equipment or system failures.
- Provides basic assistance with instructional technology. Reports equipment or system failures.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and emails, determines purpose of calls, and forwards messages to appropriate personnel or department. Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Enters data into a computer for a variety of documents such as schedules, records and forms that are usually in template format.
- Answers general questions about the department or NIC, or a specific function within the department or NIC, and provide visitors with address directions, and other information.
- Uses scanner to send and track electronic documents.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Monitor the use of computer labs, classrooms, and all general work spaces.
- Provide support for NIC testing as designated.
- Respond to basic technical questions from classroom faculty and students.
- Initiates IVC connections and monitors IVC classroom.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for an individual to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and be successful in the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of six months full-time related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year of post-secondary education at a community college, four-year college, or university is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to use fingers and hands to keyboard or type and handle materials. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicant is responsible for reading and following the application instructions to ensure successful application submittal.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR THIS POSITION
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they have submitted all required materials, as listed below. Following application submittal, applicant can login via the Modify Your Application link (to the right) to view application profile:
1) Completed online profile, including the following TWO uploaded documents:
UPLOADED IN STEP 5 OF PROFILE – Letter of interest which addresses your qualifications for this position (please do not combine letter with resume)
UPLOADED IN STEP 5 OF PROFILE – Resume (please do not combine resume with letter)
2) Upon request, you may be asked to complete the NIC E-Application Form.
This request (if made) will come to you via e-mail.
Location: NIC Sandpoint Center, Sandpoint, Idaho
Opening Date: August 31, 2018
Closing Date: All materials must be received by Noon, September 14, 2018
Anticipated Starting Date: September 24, 2018
Compensation: $12.09 per hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Work Schedule: Approximately 16 hours per week, Monday - Friday, year round. Hours vary, must be able to work evenings.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
The safety of all members of the campus community is of vital concern to North Idaho College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the law enforcement authority of Campus Security, policies concerning the reporting of any crimes which occurred on the campus (and other specified locations), other security and safety-related policies, as well as the crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be found in the Campus Safety and Security Guide and Annual Fire Safety Report. A paper copy of the Campus Safety & Security Guide and Annual Fire Safety Report may be obtained by contacting the Campus Security at 208-769-3310.