Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PK Management
PK Management LLC, a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has an opening for a full-time Compliance Specialist (Section 8 and LIHTC experience required.) We are seeking a self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for supporting the Director of Compliance by ensuring the accurate and timely submission and resolution of financial billing and reporting requirements within an assigned portfolio. This position is also responsible for the compliance aspects of the properties within a specified portfolio. Results are achieved by facilitating the optimum performance of the properties in the area of compliance management with all applicable laws and company policies. This position operates within and contributes to an environment that complies with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Education: High School Diploma; Some college beneficial
Work Experience: 3-5 years of experience beneficial
Licenses and Certifications: COS, LIHTC certification, RHM (or related tiers-beneficial)
• Administer the billing of HAP vouchers
• Submission of TRACS billing (IMAX)
• Prepare and track all Unreported Payment Plans
• Monthly posting for sites with Housing Voucher Payments
• Review and complete all FAS submissions to ensure timely distribution of Security Deposit Refunds, Pet Refunds or other ledger reconciliation refunds due to credit balances
• Assist properties with ledger reconciliations
• Review all certifications/corrections needed, and approve or deny (Managers will not be allowed to process any certification or any type of correction without written APPROVAL via email)
• Ensure waitlist compliance
• Ensure Doc Management compliance
• Run SAVE and WorkNumber Requests
• Maintain required files electronically via the R drive and physical files for LIHTC through the Jeter System
• Administer file audits and oversee corrections to ensure compliance with PK and HUD policies.
• Assist property manager with preparing for audits
• Assist Tax Credit Specialist with preparing monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting for Tax Credit/Bond sites
• Assist in gathering documentation, correction and preparation of audit responses
• Ensure and support company policies, procedures and industry business practices are met
• Provide support to the properties within the assigned portfolio via phone calls and emails
• Completion of internal training for compliance such as; OneSite, Navigation of Waitlists, Certifications and Charges, Move-outs.
• Travel will be required
• Other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Compliance
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Administrative Skills – general office duties, writing letters, answering phones, filing, preparing reports, interpreting policies and procedures.
• Analytical Skills – ability to interpret billing procedures, ability to analyze audit results; ability to identify and assist in the resolution of software issues.
• Communication/Language Skills – ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with property administrators.
• Computer Skills – Excel, Word, Internet, PowerPoint, TRACS, HUD-Manager, One-Site.
• Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize and schedule multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously; ability to effectively organize records/files; ability to prioritize activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Creative Skills – ability to implement creative solutions to projects and improvements in the Affordable Housing portfolio.
• Leadership Skills – ability to act as a role model and support person for the properties in the Affordable Housing portfolio.
• Mathematical Skills – ability to supply basic mathematical skills to HAP billing, Excess Income and certifications.
• Other Skills – confidentiality.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level.
With more than 136 properties throughout 20 states nationwide, PK Management is a proud partner in affordable housing options and resources that support the health and happiness of each resident we serve. From management and maintenance to service and sales support, PK Management is always seeking new talent with experience in Section 8 and/or tax credit.
Winner of the “Leadership & Affordable Housing Award” from EnergyStar and recipient of awards for “Communities of Quality” (NAHMA) and “Excellence in Multicultural Aging” (American Society on Aging), PK Management enjoys tremendous industry recognition for our efforts to support a nationwide community of thriving, successful residents. We are currently hiring for a variety of key positions throughout our organization, including:
- Property Managers
- HVAC Technicians
- Leasing Agents
- Office Assistants
- Maintenance Technicians
- Social Service Coordinators
- Maintenance Supervisors
PK Management employees enjoy a wealth of benefits that prioritize their personal and professional wellbeing – including comprehensive health insurance, generous paid time off, retirement savings, wellness rewards, and continuous career development support.
Ready to learn more about our winning team? Join the PK Management Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities near you!
What is a Talent Network?
Qualifications and Requirements Education: High School Diploma/GED required; some college beneficial
Work Experience: 3-5 years of experience required- Project Based Section 8, Tax Credit, Voucher Processing
Licenses/Certifications: NCHM or Quadel COS (required for Affordable Housing), NAHMA Certification (beneficial), real estate license (beneficial), and valid driver’s license with insurance is required.