Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
at Schneider Electric
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer based out of Cleveland, Ohio.
Responsiblefor developing and designing electrical test equipment based customerspecifications and requirements. The role will develop standard and customproducts based on standard component selection using approved design processeswhile participating in continuous product improvements and cost reductions.
1. Plans, manages,and coordinates the engineering design work requiring the application ofstandard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out the complexdesign of electrical loads for testing back up power systems.
2. Assists Sales toprepare technical proposals and pricing on engineered orders. Supports sales in making sales calls andcustomer contacts.
3. Interpretscustomer supplied specifications, drawings and one-line diagrams for quotationand cost estimate purposes.
4. Provideengineering project management including new product development.
5. Designs anddevelops the best cost/performance product that meets or exceeds customerrequirements.
6. Provide on timecomplete and accurate design package to the drafting department.
7. Works with thedrafting department to create a detailed design package consisting of sheetmetal, assemblies, bills of material, schematics and interconnection diagrams.
8. Works with crossfunctional team to conduct feasibility study, generate specifications, andschedule standard product line development programs through engineering.
9. Produces modern,reliable, and cost-effective designs.
10. Generates any test procedures and technical manualsrequired with the product.
11. Supports the Field Service department in theinstallation and trouble-shooting of load banks in the field.
12. Supports the maintenance of documentation viaengineering change procedures.
13. Prepares engineering submittals for filing productwith UL and CSA agencies to obtain approvals.
14. Directs third party product certification and testingwhere required.
15. Acts as a liaison to third party certifiers.
16. Responds to sales and engineering inquiries relativeto the regulatory environment.
17. Responds to inspectors' questions in manufacturingplants and handles any variations.
- Solid organizational and interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
- Excellent writing and presentational skills
- UL 508A Industrial Control Standard and National Electric Code
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· 5-7 years of electrical/electronic engineering designexperience
· Projectmanagement skills and experience
· Must be “hands-on” with strongtrouble-shooting skills
· Must have strong communication and presentationskills
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.