Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Management - Clinical
- Street Address
- 11900 Fairhill Road
- Select Specialty Hospital
- Position Type
- Full Time-Regular
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Nurse Manager to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the coordination of services provided by the designed nursing units. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members on nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by specified units.
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Manager is responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning of designated nursing units on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
Other responsibilities of the Nurse Manager are:
- Guides, directs, and plans Hospital activities in the areas of responsibility, with ongoing assessment of the quality and efficiency of these activities
- Ensures the Hospital philosophy and objectives are maintained for areas of responsibility with interpretation of these objectives to staff when necessary
- Assesses patient care needs to coordinate assignment of nursing staff to facilitate patient attainment of expected outcomes
- Coordinates schedules for nursing staff assigned to the area of responsibility
- Assists with establishing and maintaining communication channels with Medical Staff and other Departments within the Hospital
- Participates in budgetary formulation and cost containment for areas of responsibility
- Maintains effective utilization of manpower, equipment, and supplies
- Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff education and clinical development programs
- Assumes all administrative responsibilities on the unit on designated shifts where applicable
- Supervises overall nursing care performance, maintains quality patient care and provides staff assessments with written evaluations at designated intervals
As a Nurse Manager, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Nurse Manager role include:
- Current RN license and at least three  years of clinical practice experience with an emphasis on leadership
- One  year previous management experience and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- ACLS required
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal instructions, and to maintain effective working relations with others
- Critical Care experience in a hospital environment
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Nurse Manager position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 50,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
- Discounted membership to 9,500 gyms nationwide
- Clinical advancement program
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!