Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Manager, Solutions Architecture
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18000DOL
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, IT - Hardware/Networking, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Founded in 1866, TheSherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development,distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products toprofessional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The companymanufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®,Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®,Thompson's® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® brandedproducts are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands aresold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paintdealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrialdistributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineeredindustrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging,protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety ofrewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place tofind a career that takes you places.
The IT Manager, Solutions Architecture is a member of the Digital Customer Solutions (DCS) Solution Delivery leadership team, responsible for growing and supporting the Solutions Architecture role within the company, as well as managing and leading the Solutions Architecture team. This role is also responsible for helping to set and execute on the vision for Solution Delivery within Sherwin-Williams, as well as working with the Enterprise Architecture team to help establish the vision for the extended architecture team.
The incumbent will build and communicate a vision for the Solutions Architecture team, determine responsibilities for members of the team, identify and address gaps to maximize the success for members of the team, and work to ensure common understanding of the role and its responsibilities to various program stakeholders. This role requires a strong ability to build trust, influence without authority, provide honest and constructive feedback, communicate effectively, and facilitate within groups and individuals across disparate domains and backgrounds. This position requires a keen sense of process, as well as strong problem-solving skills and analytical mindset to help address both systems and organizational challenges.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide strategic, technical and operational expertise in support of business and technology transformational activities.
- Research and evaluate new process standards and tools across the solution delivery lifecycle, including research, design, development, delivery, and operations, working with the Enterprise Architecture team, as well as other Technology and Business stakeholders, to make decisions.
- Develop and foster relationships with divisional and business unit subject matter experts.
- Work with highly technical and highly business-focused teams, facilitating understanding and brokering agreements to shared goals through collaboration.
- Determine staffing and skills requirements.
- Identify, sell, and successfully manage change where needed within the department and organization.
- Facilitate or otherwise support effective prioritization between program and shared teams, including initiatives that do not fall within standard portfolio governance processes.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Support oversight efforts (technical and otherwise) for multiple project initiatives.
- Work with Solutions Architects in their efforts to develop, communicate, and facilitate delivery of Solutions within their programs.
- Develop client relationships through communication and engagement on projects.
- Support Delivery Teams' ability to effectively steward systems within their programs, from inception through retirement.
- Drive and support the definition, creation, and maintenance of appropriate Solutions Architecture artifacts, including reference architectures, systems models, use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models as deemed appropriate.
- Mentor and coach team members, managers, and leaders within the organization.
- Provide daily management and leadership to the Solutions Architecture team.
- Conduct activities like staffing, performance management, and strategic direction of the team.
- Create and maintain development plans for team members, including training, skills assessment, career planning, and objective management.
- Coordinate various operational and administrative tasks as necessary.
- Work with a cross-functional team on special projects expanding outside of our normal scope of work.
- On-boarding and off-boarding contractors and other temporary staff as needed.
- Support various process improvement initiatives as requested.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Administer formal performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- Master Degree preferred.
- Certification or experience with enterprise architecture methodologies and frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, or FEAF a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10 years IT experience.
- 8 years hands-on experience with the entire software development lifecycle i.e. requirements, design, implementation, integration testing, deployment and post production support.
- 6 years of Experience in enterprise and/or solutions architecture and architectural frameworks.
- 4 years supervisory experience or team responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of architecture with the ability to analyze and resolve moderately complex, cross-system issues, and demonstrate an understanding of specific technologies (and their architectural connectivity).
- Experience successfully driving change in a large organization.
- Experience in working in a Lean or Agile development environment.
- Experience with various key business and operational activities of a manufacturing and retail enterprise, including Sales and Marketing, Product Development, Identity and Access Management, Financial Processing, or Digital Workplace Management.
- Experience in developing strategic solutions architecture plans, technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance.
- Experience in organizational design and defining roles and responsibilities.
- Proven leadership, strong decision-making, and team management skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively partner within IT and the Business to lead and influence others in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to challenge the existing processes, methods, products and services of the company.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence others by educating and sharing information.
- Ability to build trust and manage conflict, risk, and resistance.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, multi-stakeholder, multi-location environment.
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change; strives to act as an agent of change.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.