Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sierra Lobo
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Technical - Electrical
- Type of Position
- Regular Full-Time
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Visa Requirements
- Citizen only
The Test Facilities Operation, Maintenance and Engineering (TFOME) team at the NASA Glenn Research Center provides engineering and technical services in the aeronautics, space power and propulsion test facilities. We are currently seeking Journeyman Electrician candidate to provide electrical installation and maintenance services to a wide variety of research test facilities that operate at a broad range of voltages.
The Journeyman Electrician will provide electrical installation and maintenance services to a wide variety of research test facilities that operate at a broad range of voltages. Duties include working from detailed electrical schematics and prints, bending of electrical conduit, pulling large and small gauge wiring, installing and modifying electrical panels, raceways, enclosures, motor driven equipment, motor meggering, lighting systems, and other associated electrical hardware and devices. Future training may be required to obtain a qualified operator status within a test facility. Work schedules will involve rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
- Completion of a two (2) year Electrical Technology trade school or technical college program that includes 8,000 hours of on the job training. A Journeyman's certificate from a State approved apprenticeship program is a MUST, and the ability to communicate and work well with others in a team environment is a must.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of the current National Electrical Code and NFPA 70E Standards.
- Ability to work from detailed prints and schematics with minimum supervision and operate lifting equipment such as JLGs, man lifts, tow motors, cranes and able to work from ladders and scaffold and within confined spaces.
- Extensive understanding and background in Industrial Electrical Control Systems with strong troubleshooting experience.
- Ability and willingness to work ALL assigned shifts and overtime.
- Safety conscience while performing all work duties.