The Cleveland Museum of Art
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ARTLENS Gallery Technician
at The Cleveland Museum of Art
The Digital Innovation and Technology Services department seeks a part-time ARTLENS Gallery Technician to assists visitors with onboarding the interactives in our gallery space and ArtLens app. The technician will performs duties in connection with the technological maintenance of the ARTLENS Gallery space. The technician will also be responsible for assisting with technology procedures related to the effective functionality of our ARTLENS Gallery.
High school diploma (or GED) and one to three years demonstrated experience in a helpdesk and/or audio visual environment. Knowledge of current system architectures (specifically HP and Apple), Windows and Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office, and basic networking are required.
Positive attitude, excellent customer service and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to instruct and present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users. Experience in troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of technology. Must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Must be able to occasionally lift/move 50 pounds as part of normal duties.
- Greet visitors, introduce them to the interactives in ARTLENS Gallery and ARTLENS App, and assist with onboarding.
- Perform cleaning and functionality checks of ARTLENS Gallery interactives.
- Contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to the public as well as documenting consistent user issues.
- Work with technology hardware and software vendors in repairs and upgrades as well as daily cleaning and fine tuning of ARTLENS Gallery systems.
- Analyze technology performance of ARTLENS Gallery systems and provide feedback to ARTLENS team.
- Performs regular technical training throughout ARTLENS Gallery exhibit area for interns, docents, and volunteers.
- Provides readily accessible, technical or general information to students or the public.
- May be asked to furnish technical information to teachers on technical specifications closely related to ARTLENS Gallery.
- Identify problem areas, and devise and suggest solutions to enhance quality of the ARTLENS Gallery space to increase the user experience.
- Participate in ARTLENS App bug testing and report findings to ARTLENS and Applications teams.
- Provide support for technology in gallery installations throughout the museum.
- Rent iPads to visitors for use with the ARTLENS App and aid in installing ARTLENS App on visitors’ personal devices.