The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ohio City Lead Preschool Teacher
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
Job Reference #: 6018
- Job ID
- Child Care
- Compensation Min
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- Regular Full-Time
General Purpose of the Position: Perform the Duties of Lead Teacher in the Preschool (Ages 3-5)
- Create an environment to promote children’s learning, active engagement, exploration and curiosity
- Develop programming in collaboration with the Director and/or Assistant Teacher for the preschool in areas of literacy, physical education, social and emotional development, creative arts, math and science
- Develop daily activity plans in collaboration with the Director and/or Assistant Teacher that are aligned with the program’s selected curriculum; SUTQ requirements and address the needs of each age group
- Develop lesson plans in accordance with ODE Early Learning and Development Standards and be able present and communicate these lessons to small groups of students
- Actively engage and supervise children in the classroom, gymnasium and during transport
- Administer and evaluate pre and post assessments for each child
- Maintain and monitor students’ portfolios
- Maintain and monitor health and attendance records
- Assist with writing goals for each student and review/update these goals as necessary
- Assist the Director in the development and implementation of family and community programs and encourage parental, family and community involvement in The Learning Zone.
- Promote the preschool program within the community
- Attend required in-service trainings, SUTQ trainings and staff meetings
- Maintain all records according to SUTQ and ODJFS regulations
- Any other duties as determined by The Learning Zone Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Teaching/tutoring experience
- Driver’s License
- Ohio Teaching License (Early Childhood)
- Teaching experience
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)