Weltman Weinberg & Reis Co
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Litigation Attorney
at Weltman Weinberg & Reis Co
Job TitleSenior Litigation Attorney
We are seeking a Senior Litigation Attorney to join our Creditors' Rights Law Firm in Downtown Cleveland. Our new Attorney will be responsible for managing complex files, appeals, trials (both bench and jury), compliance and transactional work, as well as business development. If you are an experienced litigator licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio and the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio Federal Court please read on and apply to be considered.
- Researches and interprets laws, rulings, and regulations and formulates legal opinions for review.
- Conducts discovery in conformity with applicable rules.
- Interviews clients and witnesses in preparation for legal proceedings.
- Reviews, drafts, and/or dictates legal briefs, correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations and provides authoritative legal advice for individuals and businesses.
- Identifies causes of action and prepares lawsuits based upon an investigation of facts and applicable laws and procedures.
- Represents clients at legal, administrative and other proceedings as assigned. Develops and maintains relationships with clients.
- Provides appropriate mentoring and serves as a resource for less experienced Junior Associates and Associates.
- Monitors complex to highly complex case files to formulate next course of action and ensure deadlines are maintained.
- Develops strategy, arguments, and testimony in preparation for presentation of case.
- Negotiates with individuals to achieve final resolution of case, arrange legal settlements, and resolve complex issues.
- Provides mentoring and on-the-job training to less experienced staff and attorneys.
- Initiates and participates in advanced marketing and business activities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - 21days annually + 7 Company paid holidays
- Competitive benefits -- Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance after 30 days and 401(k)
- Promotional opportunities from within the firm
- Employee Perks Available from Verizon, Car Dealerships, Local Movie Theaters, Theme Parks, etc.
With more than 85 years of experience in the creditors' rights industry, Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA (WWR) is a nationally-recognized full-service collections firm with more than 80 attorneys and 750 total employees. We represent nearly every type of creditor, including some of the largest financial institutions in the U.S., in bankruptcy, consumer and commercial collections, litigation, and real estate default matters, with the strictest adherence to compliance and security standards and with a premium on reputation management. To learn more, please visit www.weltman.com.
WWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/wwrcareers
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/wwrcareers
- Juris Doctor Degree (J.D.) and 6+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio and the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio Federal Court
- Creditors' Rights, Real Estate, or General Litigation experience preferred
- Knowledge of FDCPA, CSPA, RESPA, and TILA.
- Ability to interpret and apply legal principles and procedures and develop effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, and court systems.