YMCA of Greater Cleveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pathways Coordinator (Child Watch) - French Creek Family YMCA
at YMCA of Greater Cleveland
- 23-Aug-2018 to 22-Oct-2018 (CST)
- Child Care
- Avon, OH, USA
- Part Time
The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is a community based, charitable organization that embraces collaboration to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
Position: Pathways Coordinator
Description: YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for a Pathways Coordinator who will be responsible for supervising and monitoring pathways programs. This position also plans and delivers effective programming and activities in designated program areas for YMCA members and program participants.
- Maintain safety of children by appropriately supervising program participants all times while maintaining YMCA staff to child ratios.
- Plan and implement curriculum, prepared to start class on time, with proper material, equipment, and in proper attire.
- Be responsible for implementing age-appropriate techniques relative to the discipline, guidance, and management of children.
- Document and respond to all participant incidents and notify proper authorities
- Communicate with supervisor when essential program supplies (including First Aid and BBP protective equipment) require replenishment.
- Attend mandatory staff trainings and staff meetings as assigned.
- Maintain positive rapport with participants and parents of participants.
- Notify supervisor of any problems relating to program outcomes, impact, tracking and the class overall.
- Leave program area in a safe "closed down manner".
- Responsible for obtaining qualified substitute as necessary.
- High school diploma required, Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Current certification in areas required for designated program areas: Examples, First Aid, CPR, AFFA, NSCA, NESM, or ACE certificates.
- Minimum of one year's experience in programming/program growth.
- Minimum of one year experience in staff supervision.
- Program expertise to instruct the class when assigned when assigned instruction is unavailable.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.