YMCA of Greater Cleveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Instructor, Teen Center - Warrensville Family YMCA
at YMCA of Greater Cleveland
- 01-Aug-2019 to 30-Sep-2019 (CST)
- Program - Youth and Family
- Warrensville Heights, OH, USA
- Part Time
The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is a community based, charitable organization that embraces collaboration to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
Position: Program Instructor, Teen Center
Pay Rate: $8.55
The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is seeking a Program Instructor who will be responsible for implementing program plans and providing leadership to teens that meets standards for quality and safety. The program instructor is responsible for the keeping the teen area clean and free from clutter, recognize potential hazards, communicate and eliminate hazards relative to program and program areas. The program instructor will also incorporate YMCA Character Development values into each lesson and reinforce the Y culture and plans and/or implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values. The Program Instructure will be directly responsibility for providing age appropriate activities in the Teen Center and assist with teen nights.
- Plan all activities in advance, be prepared to be on time, with proper material, equipment, and in proper attire.
- Incorporate YMCA Character Development values into each lesson.
- Maintain class/participant attendance and student skill accomplishment records.
- Keep teen area clean, recognize potential hazards, communicate and eliminate hazards relative to program and program areas.
- Plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintain positive relations with patrons and other staff. Model relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Ability to connect with the teens to develop skills and motivate them to participate in our Teen-leader programs.
- Combination of education and experience in Teen Program activities.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Minimum 1 year programming experience.
- Current certification in CPR/AED for Adults, Children and Infants and First Aid.
- Adhere to Blood borne Pathogen standards and attend annual training.
- Ensure all classes taught are in accordance with YMCA of Cleveland standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Must be able to work the following shifts:
- M-F: 3 p.m -8 p.m.
- Sat: Varies depending on programming
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.